What can be achieved by using a brilliant local broker?
There are many pressures within the school or college curriculum and time and money are often constrained. EBPs across the UK have the expertise and connectivity with local and national employers to support the delivery of employer engagement, and to build sustainable links with the business sector.
There are over 50 EBPs across the UK and certainly one within reach to support almost all corners of the kingdom.
Over 173,000 employers are registered with the EBPs to support the skills development of the young people whether it is curriculum driven, careers insight, work placements or skills development.
The value and impact of working with an EBP will give you
- Connectivity with employers beyond the time and capacity available in-house
- Quality of delivery and evaluation
- Creatively delivered employer engagement
- Impact measurement to support Ofsted
- Managed sponsorship by business sector
- Wider local and national reach to inspire the young people
What service and skills you can expect from an EBP
EBPs will vary depending upon the region as there are different regional priorities, but in principle they will all work in partnership with local employers to deliver;
- Work experience placements
- Work related learning activities – Primary, Secondary, College
- NEET prevention support
- Employer engagement
- Careers Insight events
- Career Planning
- Enterprise Enrichment
- CV writing and interview skills
- Personal development programmes with employers
- Sponsored programmes
To find your local EBPs click here